Pages

Total Pageviews

~ The greatest lack in this world is compassion and care ~

~ The greatest lack in this world is compassion and care ~
♥ Divine Justice, Global Peace and Healing ~ As it is written: The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth (Matthew 5:5) ♥

Wednesday 6 January 2016

How To Hear God's Voice: Father Anthony Messeh

A sermon given by Father Anthony Messeh at St. Marks Coptic Orthodox Church in Washington DC on November 12, 2006



There are countless believers in our world, and yet not everyone is aware of a personal relationship with God. If we have doubt that God communicates with us - will we not be putting a block to hearing his voice?

The last thing God wants to do is confuse anyone...

We are given the Holy Scriptures that have been translated and when we look over the course of history to learn that God has communicated His Truth in different ways, He has also preserved people too.

When God wants to communicate something specific - this will be done in a way to take notice. A few times in my life I heard the voice of God, but sometimes doubted this message - even with warnings given. After a few times of having warnings in different situations, and a few times of learning hard lessons with not taking notice - We begin to learn to trust that voice of God by 'taking notice',

Learning also that God is going to mess up our plans if we made a promise to serve him can happen too. That is testing but it makes sense. If we are called for his service, he has something specific for us to do.

The mindset who reject God communicates with people contradicts the Holy Scriptures. To have a personal relationship with God, we must be willing to pray - communicate with God. When we are ready, God will communicate in a way that we can understand. It is for our personal journey initially...

Learning to still the mind, to sit in quietness and to be without distractions is not always easy...We have all sorts of chatter in our mind, or 'the to do list' in your head. If you are preoccupied -, the mind is not clear...and part of hearing the voice of God clearly is to know God is precise in His instruction too..

One example I will share of my personal experience..

A few years ago feeling undernourished..no matter what I ate or how fresh the food. As someone who loves fruits and vegetables even these lacked taste...my health was weakened at the time with a cancer scare.

One day I said just this 'Oh God ...'I really need a steamer so that I can steam my vegetables' - thinking this might preserve some nutrients ....and thinking I would go later that day to the store to buy one.

When putting my coat on to go out, I heard 'Go and see Christine'  - and while taking notice of the voice, with my focus still on God, my preoccupation was to get to the shops before they close. 

Searching for my handbag and car keys, about to make my way to the door, again I heard 'Go and see Christine' - so hearing this time, I thought I would go and see this lady after going to the shop. 

Proceeding down the path, about to turn right to the car, I heard 'Turn left and go and see Christine' - THIS TIME I took notice and said OK God I am going now...and went. This lady I had not seen for 2 years.

Arriving on her road, I could see in the distance Christine in the driveway with the back of her car boot open. She looked up and said I came to her mind - so she was surprised to see me. 

Asking if she was going out, or returning home she replied 'I am just putting some things in the car to take to the charity shop....Can you make use of this because it is brand new and I do not need two.

In her hands was a brand new steamer...

This precision in God communicating is to take notice.

We are children in training to hear the voice of God.

If we are listening clearly now - so are other people

We who are spiritually connected - are connected for a reason.

God will never tell you to cause injury, harm or death to anyone.

We might be instructed to confront situations ie like the English legal system for over a decade refused to work for justice. The repeated refusal to work for justice is with hearing officials boast of corruption too.

But still I was instructed to keep writing and keep asking for justice - then I handed my situation over to God..

Good conscience is with being aware that life can get tough when we are serving God. We might be placed in the most precarious situation to see what is going on..We might have to be courageous too.

In crying out to God with homeless threats I heard his voice say: 

PAULINE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOSE YOUR HOME.

What is written in the Holy Scriptures is worth knowing about.

 5A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, Is God in His holy habitation Psalm 68:5

Our promises to God will be expected - whoever we are.

When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. Eccleseastes 5:4


Queen Elizabeth made a promise to God too..

Why has Justice has been repeatedly refused here?...

As the Holy Scripture writes...both relating to my situation:

The widow and the unrighteous judge parable
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2018:1-8

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. Romans 12:9

God knows our life and struggles, our trials and tribulations. But we often forget how powerful He is. In one of the heart to heart soul  to soul messages of personal revelation. 'The BREATH OF GOD was given as the reason how destruction will come and when this comes, we are warned it will not be without reason... 

We could see the wrath of God here in England..

Jesus appearing to Children in England wearing his crown, instructed one to give me an important message. He is watching over the children in this land and knows who I am -  he is watching over all of us..

In the ancient times Jesus appeared to the apostles..

People have been told to pray to the Father because no man, woman or child, demon or angel  rules over the Father...That is why people are asked to pray the Lord's Prayer and ask to be delivered from evil.

God does not promote vanity, sorcery, witchcraft or injustice.

In simple ways sincere prayers are heard and answered. 

Many times I cup the bible in my hands and pray, asking God what he wants me to know...As demonstrated in the above video - if you just point half heartedly,  you will miss out on an important learning opportunity...One time I asked in prayer and seemingly did not get a clear message...There were names and names and more names - a couple of times the same scriptures....Later, I realised these are The People of The Book...

The names of the tribes are identified in the Holy Bible.

A gentle inner voice 'The Lord says' guided to seek what is written.

You are a Priest Forever
1A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet." 2The LORD will stretch forth Your strong scepter from Zion, saying, "Rule in the midst of Your enemies."…Psalm 110:1-2

Peace be with you
Pauline Maria





No comments: